Saturday, May 30, 2009

Up close and personal with Elena Dementieva


Elena Dementieva
Here at Rolandgarros.com we know you love to get an insight into the real person behind the tennis star facade. Here, in the fourth of a series of quick-fire lifestyle interviews, Elena Dementieva reveals her love of reading and beach volleyball.

When was the last time you cracked up laughing?

Oh I’m always laughing at something.

What gets you annoyed?

When I have to train in the rain or in the cold. I hate that.

Which actress would you choose to play you on screen?

Gwyneth Paltrow. I think she looks a little like me, don’t you think?

What’s the best film you’ve seen recently?

“Meet the Parents” with Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro.

What’s the best concert you’ve seen?

Recently I attended the Eurovision song contest in Moscow. I was cheering on French singer Patricia Kaas! She’s really popular in Russia.

Who’s your sporting idol?

Roger Federer.

Who’s your best friend on the tennis circuit?

My mother.

What’s your favourite sport outside tennis?

Beach volleyball. I got the chance to play in an exhibition game in Russia. I love that sport.

Which part of your game would you like to improve?

My serve perhaps. Even though I’ve made a lot of progress these last few years, I’d really like to improve even more.

What’s your favourite website?

The WTA tour website

What’s the last thing you do before you go to sleep?

I read a book. Right now I’m reading one by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt.

Who would be your ideal partner for mixed doubles?

Roger Federer. I’ve played against him before in an exhibition match in Hong Kong.

What’s the worst thing that could happen to you before a match?

Forgetting my racquets. Once I couldn’t find them and I got so stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment