Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life on tour with Svetlana Kuznetsova


Svetlana Kuznetsova

Joining the ATP or WTA circuit is something akin to embarking on an endless world tour. Rolandgarros.com asked some of tennis’s major stars for an insight into their life as a perennial sporting backpacker. Today we chat with No7 seed, Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova, 2006 finalist at the French Open.

Which is the most relaxing city on tour?

St Petersburg

Which city has the worst traffic jams?

New York, but it’s a city I love.

Which city is the most fun?

Moscow.

In which city would you most like to buy a house?

Moscow. In fact I’m looking at buying an apartment there now.

Where are the best beaches?

Nowhere that I’ve been so far…

Where is your favourite restaurant?

I like any good Japanese restaurant. I just love sushi!

Where are the best looking men?

A man is a man. Beauty can’t be measured by appearance alone.

Who are the friendliest people?

Australians.

Who are your travelling companions?

My coach, my fitness trainer and my hitting partner. I don’t travel with them to every tournament though.

What do you always have in your suitcase?

My teddy bear, my mobile phone and my iPod.

Where are the most supportive fans?

In Australia and Japan.

Where are the most knowledgeable fans?

In Paris and New York.

Who are your best friends on the circuit?

Amélie Mauresmo and Alicia Molik.

Who would be your ideal partner for mixed doubles?

Roger Federer.

If you could change one thing about the circuit what would it be?

I would have more tournaments in Russia.

What is the most beautiful thing that you’ve ever seen?

Different cultures.

What is the worst thing that could happen before a match?

Injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment