Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Up close and personal with Juan Martin Del Potro


Juan Martin Del Potro

Here at Rolandgarros.com we know you love to get an insight into the real person behind the tennis star facade. Today we get up close and personal with No5 seed Juan Martin Del Potro, who reveals his love for Roger Federer’s game, football and music.

What’s your favourite website?
Hotmail.

Which part of your game would you like to improve?
I’d love to have Federer’s attacking game.

What’s the last thing you do before going to sleep?
I turn off my mobile phones.

What puts you in a bad mood in the morning?
Being woken up by people shouting.

What’s your favourite thing for breakfast?
Pastries, toast with jam and Nesquik.

Who’s your favourite comedy actor?
Jim Carrey and Guillermo Francella (an Argentinean comedian).

What would be a luxury for you?
Living in Tandil, surrounded by my friends and family.

What do you have on your iPod?
Maná, Shakira, U2 and Coldplay.

What’s your song favourite song right now?
“Mando una señal" by Maná.

Who’s your ideal mixed doubles partner?
Gabriela Sabatini.

What’s the worst thing that could happen to you before a match?
I can’t stand it when people touch my rackets.

Who was your first love?
My best female friend, when I was 16.

When did you last crack up laughing?
Yesterday, with my fitness coach.


When did you last get angry?
When River Plate equalised against Boca Juniors, in the last derby.

What’s your favourite film?
I really like series, such as Prison Break.

Which actor would you choose to play you on screen?
Brad Pitt.

Who’s the nicest guy on tour?
Zabaleta.

And the nastiest?
I can’t answer that – they’d kill me [laughs]!

What’s the best concert you’ve seen?
Maná and Madonna.

Who’s your sporting idol?
Michael Jordan.

What’s your favourite sport outside tennis?
Football.

What’s your least favourite training exercise?
Jogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment